Who did we FEED LOVE and SERVE summer 2015?
- A family who we learned has very little furniture in their home: one twin bed for 4 growing boys. Three sleep on blankets and sleeping bags on the floor – year round.
- A young girl and her mom who left an abusive dad and hoped he would stay away from both camp and home.
- A mom who ran up to one of our staff at the town pool and shared how thrilled she was that her daughter – at 7 years old – came to camp and got to be part of Taco Bell, Jr. – the children’s entrepreneurial restaurant!
- Two brothers whose mother is in jail and won’t be there for her youngest son’s birthday.
- A boy whose parents shared with us that he has been wanting a baseball glove – but the family could not afford one. At our Friends & Family Celebration his name was drawn to choose a prize – and there was a baseball glove! The JOY on the boy’s face was priceless! The parents’ words were filled with gratitude.
For more stories… visit our BLOG